Written on March 7, 2017.
Vision, Mission and Goals
”The team has enjoyed learning about the characteristics of Agora University and its role as an entrepreneurial provider of higher education in the fields of law, management and social science. It has been an interesting experience to discuss with staff, students, and external stakeholders the challenges faced by UAO and the university’s efforts to address constraints and to explore future opportunities. We believe the university has the potential to take successful steps in its next stage of development.”
(EUA-IEP evaluation team, 2014)
Extract from Chapter II (from University Charter). Mission and Goals
Art. 2. (1) The mission of the Agora University is based on initial vision of the founders, who not randomly chose as a name, an ancient symbol of public democracy. The democratic spirit of "Agora" was and always will be the straight line of its development and will also bring for the university an innovative value, dynamism and harmonious growth. The founders understood that the encouragement of thinking and expressing freely of the Agora’s students, academic and research staff, the opening mind, in order to have as managers and leaders professionals and important cultural and scientific personalities from outside, able to obtain and even to exceed in a short period of time the performances of some important academic institutions with tradition in this area.
(2) Being a young university, centered on education in the field of social sciences, the Agora University assumes the mission to transmit to its students the spirit of "Agora", based on the values of democracy and trans-disciplinary humanism, this spirit being forwarded to the society by the students. Starting with the present goods and internal potential, with the opening towards external collaborations, the Agora University wants for the near future to add new values for the human knowledge, promoting and encouraging the research, tending towards a mission of education and research, so as to be well recognized in the Romanian and European academic areas as an efficient model for the access to success in a dynamic society.
(3) The Agora University aims to become a cultural and civic center, designed to contribute to forming and transmitting the national and universal values, promoting the pluralism of options for the civic and political development and, through its own graduates and scientific researches, to contribute to the improvement of the performances obtained by the economical companies in the Western part of Romania.
Art. 3. In order to fulfill its mission, the Agora University established the following objectives:
1. Being a student education centered university, Agora aims:
a) engaging teaching methods and modern learning, based on the implementation of the e-learning technology in teaching, to all university programs and, also, post graduate programs, of professional continuous formation, and development and to all its forms of education;
b) the exact identification of the objectives of the university programs and post graduate programs, as well as the correct evaluation of costs and benefits;
c) the creation of an "Agora" academic culture, based on democracy, interdisciplinary, opening for new and for exterior, that should contribute to the community efforts to high up the level of culture and civilization of Romanian people;
d) providing the community specialists with highly professional, moral and civic background, locally and regionally recognition of educational services that are offered.
(2) the optimization of activity for research-development-innovation through:
a) the establishment of a strategy for basic and applied scientific research in the economic, juridical and social carried out in collaboration with other Romanian and foreign universities and research institutes, aimed for supporting economic, social and cultural development.
b) the dissemination of research results through publications, exploratory workshops, conferences and research networks with internal and external participants;
(3) Strengthening and expanding relations with the external environment, scientific, economic and social one:
a) consolidation and development of a responsible institutional and managerial culture in order to value the strengths, to exploit opportunities and to always ensure the effective management of risks;