CYBERCRIMINOLOGY TRANSITION FROM TRADITIONAL CRIMINAL TECHNIQUES TO CYBERCRIME
AbstractIn the last decade innumerable profound analyses of the cybercrime phenomenon were carried out that have led to predicting a future cyber-attack called the cyber war. Until now there hasn't been a real threat of this kind. From a criminology point of view, these two worlds, the real one and the virtual one, are totally different, so it's up to us, the observers, theoreticians and practitioners to elucidate the connection between these two worlds. The transition to cybercrime by law breakers, made with a minimum effort, minimum investment and resources offered by the wide world users, sees that they could launch themselves into a no limits race.Investigating methods and techniques for traditional crime improved because of the technological evolution within the last years. Unfortunately the phenomenon of transition from traditional crime techniques to cybercrime has not been studied enough. Measures were taken regarding the law breaker and the crime but the research area of studying the cause of crime, remained untouched, which is a great disadvantage for the justice system, both for authority structures and civil ones, leaving behind an opened door for a new superior level of crime.
• S. Schjolberg şi S. Ghernaouti-Helie, A Global Treaty on Cybersecurity and Cybercrime, A doua ediție (2011);
• S. Schjolberg, An International Criminal Court or Tribunal for Cyberspace (ICTC), A paper for the EastWest Institute (EWI) Cybercrime Legal Working Group (2011).
• I. Vasiu, L. Vasiu, “Criminalitatea în Cyberspațiu”, Ed. Universul Juridic, București, 2011, pp.73-74, 124-125;
• SANS, NewsBites, Vol. 11, Studiul No.39, 19 mai 2009;
• R. Chiesa, S. Ducci, S. Ciappi, Proffiling Hackers: The science of Criminal Profiling as Applied to the World of Hacking, Ed. CRC Press, New York, 2009;
• I. Vasiu, L. Vasiu, “Informatică Juridică și Drept informatic”, Ed. Editura Albastră, Cluj-Napoca, 2009;
• Gh. Alecu, A. Barbăneagră, Reglementarea penală și investigarea criminalistică a infracțiunilor din domeniul informatic, Ed. Pinguin Book, București, 2006;
• L. Vasiu și colab., The tri-dimensional role of information security in e-business: A managerial perspective, Proceedings of the 3rd Hawaii International Conference on Business, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, 2003;
• L. Vasiu și colab., Three Strategic Dimensions of information Security in e-Commerce: A literature review based conceptual model, Surfing the Waves, Management Challenges, Management Solutions, Proceedings of the 17th Australia-New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, 2003, p.1-10;
• N. Mitrofan, V. Zdrenghea, T. Butoi, Psihologie Judiciară, Ed. C.E.P. „Șansa”, București, 2000;
• V. Mirișan, Criminologie, Ed. Editura Imprimeriei de Vest, Oradea, 2000;
• Strategia de Securitate Cibernetică a României;