Dr.habil. Ioan DZIŢAC, Professor
Rector (Provost) of The Agora University of Oradea: 2012-2016; 2016-2020
Ioan Dzitac received
his B.Sc.(eq.M.Sc.) in Mathematics (1977) and Ph.D. in Information Sciences
(2002) from Babes-Bolyai University of Cluj - Napoca. In 2019 he has defended his Habilitation Thesis "Soft computing for decision making" at "Alexandru Ioan Cuza"University of Iasi. He
is a mathematics and
information sciences professor at Agora University of Oradea (since
2017) and at Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad (since 2009). Also he is a PhD supervisor at University of Craiova. He was
Rector of Agora University
of Oradea in period 2012-2016 and was re-elected for a new mandate
(2016-2020). He was an Adjunct Professor at University of Chinese Academy
of Sciences - Beijing, China (2013-2016) and since 2016 is an Advisory Board Member at Graduate School of Management of Technology, Hoseo University, South Korea. He was in managerial positions, such as: Director of Math & Informatics Department (2004-2005), Head of IT Chair (2005-2008), Director of R&D Center (2009-2017), and Rector (2012-2016).
Academic studies: Mathematics (UBB Cluj Napoca, 1977)
Scientific title: Doctor (Ph.D.) in Information Sciences (UBB Cluj Napoca, 2002)
Habilitation in Economic Informatics (UAIC Iași, 2019)
Teaching subjects at Agora University (by March 2017): Mathematics, Information systems in decision making.
- Brief CV & List of works (EN, 2019):
- Editor-in-Chief of International Journal of Computers Communications & Control edited by Agora University (IF=1.374).
Projects, papers, editing
- Proiect 2016 (partener 9) Erasmus+: MSc Energy Efficiency and Climate Change in the Built Environment for Ukrainian and Belarus Universities and Stakeholders
- Proiect 2017 (partener 8) Erasmus+: Knowledge Alliance for Sustainable Smart Cities
- ICCCC2016 papers in ISI WoS proceedings (sponsored by IEEE R8 and Agora Univ.): PDF
- Ioan Dzitac co-editor of Procedia Computer Science, Volume: 91 (1, 2016): PDF
- Ioan Dzitac co-editor of Procedia Computer Science, Volume: 91 (2, 2016): PDF
- Ioan Dzitac co-editor of Procedia Computer Science, Volume: 91 (3, 2016): PDF
- International Journal of Computers, Communications & Control (IJCCC): founder, Editor-in Chief
- Financial Innovation, Springer, http://www.springer.com/economics/macroeconomics/journal/40854
- Journal of System and Management Sciences, Beijing Jiatong University, China, http://www.aasmr.org/jsms/editorial.html
- Broad Research in Artificial Intelligence and Neuroscience, Bacau, Romania (BRAIN) (Editorial Board)
- Mathematics, Informatics, Physics Series - Bulletin of PG University of Ploiesti (BMIF) (Editorial Board)
- Theory and Applications in Mathematics and Computer Science, Arad, Romania (Associate Editor)
- Scientific and Technical Bulletin, Series: Electrotechnics, Electronics, Automatic Control and Computer Science, Arad, Romania: Editorial Board
- Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, The International Institute of Informatics and Systemics, US: JSCI
- Business, Management and Education, ISSN 2029-7491, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Lithuania: Editorial Board
- Baltic Journal of Modern Computing: http://www.bjmc.lu.lv/editorial-board/
- Technological and Economic Development of Economy
- Senior Member of IEEE (2011-present)
- IEEE Computational Intelligence Society Member
- ROMAI: Societatea Română de Matematică Aplicată si Industrială (Vice - President)
- SRAIT-Societatea Română de Automatică şi Informatică Tehnică - Filiala Arad (Secretary)
- RNG-ISCB: Romanian National Group of International Society for Clinical Biostatistics
- SSMAR - Societatea Ştiinţifică de Management din România
- AFER-Departamentul 3
- Member in International Advisory Board of Kalasalingam University, India
- Member in Advisory Committee of Graduate School of Management of Technology in Hoseo University of Asan -South Korea.
- Member in International Academy of Information Technology and Quantitative Management: http://www.iaitqm.org/
- Personal webpage: dzitac.ro
- Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Google Scholar;
- # ORCID;
- # WorldCat
- Researcher ID: ISI Web of Science;
- # Mendeley;
- # ResearchGate
- How do you feel about being nominated for Scopus Awards 2015?:
- Interview Elsevier - Dzitac
- Citation on PhD School in Computer Science: University of Bolzen-Bolzano, Italy
- Citation on PhD School in Computer Science: INRIA – France
- IJCCC (Founder & Editor in Chief): http://univagora.ro/jour/index.php/ijccc/index
- ICCCC (Founder & General Chair): http://univagora.ro/en/icccc2018/
Rector’s Welcome Word
"Access to Success!" (Motto UAO)
"The management team of Agora University of
Oradea assumes transparency as an essential component of quality." (Mission assumed by the rector and his team)
Agora University of Oradea is a higher education institution of private law and public utility, founded in 2000 by Agora Foundation, accredited by ARACIS in 2010 and validated by the Romanian Parliament by Law 59/2012, as a part of national system of higher education in Romania. In 2017 Agora University has been re-accredited by ARACIS within confidence grade.
On 24.04.2012 I was elected rector by all teachers and students of the Agora University of Oradea, the legislature from 2012 to 2016, and in 2016 I was re-elected for the mandate 2016-2020.
Rector legally represents the Agora University of Oradea (UAO) in the National Council of Rectors in relations with the Ministry of National Education and its subordinate entities or advisory (ARACIS, CNATDCU, UEFISCDI etc.), with central and local government, educational institutions and national research and abroad, with domestic and international public bodies.
Although young and small, with two faculties (Faculty of Economics and Faculty of Law and Administration), Agora University of Oradea is extremely dynamic and active. Instead of a quantitative prefer qualitative development.
Without false modesty, Agora University of Oradea have some performance difficult to achieve even some old and larger academic institutions: 5 research centers (two international), a publishing house editing 5 international scientific journals in English language (one of which is indexed in ISI Web of Science), 5 international conferences in English, a computer laboratory, a forensic laboratory, three rooms with smart boards for videoconferencing courses, three lecture halls with over 100 seats, platform for e- functional learning, and 10 POS-DRU successfully projects.
UAO was characterized by EUA-IEP team (2014) as "an entrepreneurial university":
EUA-IEP Team about UAO ( PDF): "The team has enjoyed learning about the characteristics of Agora University and its role as an entrepreneurial providerof higher education in the fields of law, management and social science. It has been an interesting experience to discuss with staff, students, and external stakeholders the challenges faced by UAO and the university’s efforts to address constraints and to explore future opportunities. We believe the university has the potential to take successful steps in its next stage of development."
In the period 2012-2018, the Agora University of Oradea has performed a lot of international agreements with many universities from Europe, India and China. Starting the 2019-2020 academic year we intend to extend the internationalization and milestones of a smart university in a new world (with the digitization, digital transformation, AI, 4iR, M-learning etc.).
If you agree a higher quality education, through modern teaching technologies, in full transparency and legality, come with the greatest confidence to Agora University of Oradea.
Success to Access!
Rector of Agora University of Oradea